Saturday, August 8, 2026

Flying for pancakes

We flew to Halstead, Kansas this morning for a fly-in / pancake breakfast.  This is an annual event tied to the Old Settlers Days in Halstead.  Several of the planes leave around 10:00 AM to fly over main street to kick off their parade.  There were about 20 airplanes in attendance.  The pancakes were good and we saw several people we knew, a few we hadn't seen in a while.  We flew home before it got hot and I cleaned the airplane up from the 1-hour round trip experience.

I now have 40.9 hours on our V-77, I have taken 18 people for rides, I have done 47 landings, and all of this in a total of 36 flights.

Our V-77....out standing in a field

First half of the airplane lineup

Second half

My friend Rob's Cessna 195...a nice-looking airplane!

On our way home

No comments: