We flew home on Sunday, July 26. While Oshkosh was VFR, I could see there was some marginal VFR airports or even IFR airports over southern Wisconsin. However, it was clear from central Iowa all the way to Stearman Field (1K1) and I had full fuel. We departed Oshkosh just before 8:00 AM. With the clouds about 10 miles ahead, I decided to climb above them and go VFR on top to our first fuel stop at Washington, Iowa. By the time we arrived, it was also VFR. We stopped again in Payola, Kansas for fuel and hoped to get some Bar-B-Q for lunch, but they had already closed. We pressed on after refueling and had the plane tucked away by 3:45 PM. Friend Steve invited us over for salmon that evening. Yum!
Steve was back the next evening to help get the V-77 all cleaned up. There was a lot of dust and oil everywhere. With that finished, we are ready for the next mission. I will probably fly to Halstead, KS for the annual fly-in on August 8.
 |
| Back in the hangar |
 |
| Steve helping clean the V-77 Monday evening |
 |
| Moon rising in the distance |
 |
| I got a window sticker too! |
 |
| A nice certificate for being in Vintage in Review |
 |
The certificate, Sport Aviation article, and plaque placed together in the basement |
 |
Debbie received this medallion from a few Australians who really liked our plane....very cool! |
No comments:
Post a Comment